My Blog List

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rescuing a lost project

This morning I set out with the best of intentions to make a sewing machine organizer. I don't know about you, but I do NOT do well following patterns. I do better using the pattern to cut the material and winging it from there. 

 Here is the pattern---Simplicity 2108
I cut and laid out my pieces: 


Added Interfacing: 
And went to town:
Oops, it didn't work out quite right: 
I
Quick thinking, I decided to alter the pattern, One piece of material! More Pockets! 
All laid out and ready to sew: 

Tadaaaaaa
Lesson learned: When in doubt, alter the pattern: 

For this project I used a vintage cotton sheet by Ralph Lauren. More on gathering awesomely awesome vintage material at little cost later. 







No comments:

Post a Comment